‘Relieving Pain Without Medications’
Whether suffering from acute or chronic pain, we can all agree that it can be MISERABLE! Often times we find ourselves on a much larger regimen of pain relievers than we’d like to take. We may take a small dose, realize that dose isn’t working, and continue to take more. Our goal is to help you get to the root of the problem get some pain relief and remove the ‘band-aid’ approach!
While some medications may be the best temporary option, long-term consumption can cause chronic issues and lead to more serious health problems. Common conditions seen may include leaky gut, gastritis, stomach ulceration, and inability for proper absorption of nutrients.
Ways to Get Relief From Chronic Pain
Musculoskeletal, digestive, autoimmune-related, fibromyalgia, and headache pain are a few examples. Following are avenues to investigate underlying causes and find pain relief:
1. Explore functional medicine – get to the root cause of your inflammation! Aside from obvious injury, pain can often be the result of a disrupted immune system. Functional medicine can help assess the following for dysfunction:
- Thyroid regulation
- Hormonal imbalances
- Gut function/gastrointestinal system
- Food sensitivities & allergies leading to inflammation
- Gluten sensitivity
- Low levels of nutrients – vitamins B12, D, etc.
- Stress & sleep patterns
- Look for alternatives to pharmacological injections & invasive surgeries – These options can include natural bio-pharmaceutical injections for pain associated with muscles spasms, inflammation of the joints, and headaches. Conditions such as, osteo-arthritis of the knee, are also treated more safely and effectively than other conventional methods. The medical doctor may also prescribe chiropractic care, physical rehab, and/or massage as part of the patient’s integrated treatment plan.
- Decrease Stress – examples may include light exercise, meditation, or visualization. Add the following to warm bathwater to promote relaxation: 2 Cups of Epsom Salts & 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Soak for at least 20 minutes a few nights a week to relieve stress, musculoskeletal tension, and improve your bodies ability to detoxify.
- Address structural issues with bodywork – investigate chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and physical therapy for pain and tensions in your body.
- Improve your sleep – both poor and inadequate amounts of sleep can increase your perception of pain. We can help you investigate physiological reasons why your sleep may be disrupted and offer natural treatment approaches. Visit our stress page for more explanation.
Remember, even if your pain is due to something that can’t be completely fixed – an old injury – addressing some of the above can improve your pain tolerance and overall function day to day. Visit our website at our services to explore our services and call 877-704-1761 to schedule your complimentary consultation.