We all sleep as the result of being tired, right?! Fatigue is an important signal , but not the only reason to be catching Zzz’s. Here is a list of other very important reasons why sleep should be at the top our our list:
- Sleep Can Improve Memory. Wouldn’t this be nice?! Sleep can improve our short-term memory and allow us to remember information better the following day.
- You Won’t Be Cranky. Sleep deprivation actually inhibits our ability to process emotions. Less sleep=cranky. More sleep=happy!
- Your Immune System Will Be Stronger. Quality sleep means a recovering body, which equals a healthy immune system and improved defense against bacteria and viruses. Great to know during cold and flu season!
- Supportive of Weight & Muscle Mass. Research has found that sleep loss may lead to muscle atrophy and those that get more rest lose more fat on a weightloss plan!
- Tames Stress. Stress and loss of sleep go hand-in-hand. Good sleep can mean an improved mood, less stress, and even lower blood pressure!
- May Improve Sex Drive. Lack of sleep has been linked to erectile dysfunction and low libido.
- Because It Feels GREAT! Who doesn’t love a goodnights sleep?! If you feel you have difficulties with achieving this, you may consider having your adrenal glands, hormones, or thyroid assessed. These, among other factors, may play a crucial role in your inability to have restful sleep.
This is only a short list of affects sleep can have on your system. Sleep is extremely necessary for your body to power down, recuperate, and get you ready for the next day! As mentioned above, if you’re having difficulties falling asleep, staying asleep, or wake feeling unrested, there could be a good reason why. We would love to discuss your concerns and get you back on a healthy sleep cycle. Call us at 877-704-1761 to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Dunwoody, Grayson, Hamilton Mill, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.